Parent / Emergency Contact
1.1 Tuition The Undersigned agrees to make payments to the TG Taekwondo. In order to cover the costs of registration, promotion, certificates, and new belts, an additional testing fee is charged at each examination. In the event that the Undersigned or a member breaches this agreement, the balance due shall become immediately due and payable. The undersigned understands that choosing to pay for more than one (1) month in advance involves the risk of loss of such advance payment in the event this Center and/or this business location ceases to operate.
1.2 Right to Modify Dues TG Taekwondo may change membership dues at the end of any Agreement term, or, if you have a Month-to-month Membership, then TG Taekwondo may increase your Dues at any time.
1.3 Late or Declined Payment Fees A late fee of $10 will be applied for any payments outstanding after the fifth of the month. A charge of $25 will be made for any ACH or other payments returned due to insufficient funds.
2. Instruction: Members' Obligations TG Taekwondo agrees to furnish the members with instructors and facilities for teaching the lessons. Official Belt recognition and certification will be issued to the members separately by TG Taekwondo upon the satisfactory completion of each examination. The members will faithfully comply with all the rules and regulations of TG Taekwondo and related activities. Failure to take the lessons in the allocated time, without written consent and/or approval, invalidates the lessons beyond the expiration date. The undersigned further understands that failure to complete the lessons does not relieve the undersigned of any obligation to pay the tuition in full. TG Taekwondo does not give refunds.
3. Consumer's Right of Cancellation The undersigned may cancel this agreement penalty-free within ten (10) days of the date noted above, exclusive of holidays and weekends upon mailing or delivering written certified notice of cancellation to the above address for reasons of illness, disability or preference of an alternate studio. The undersigned may cancel this agreement if the TG Taekwondo goes out of business and fails to provide facilities within ten (10) miles of, or moves its facilities more than twenty-five (25) miles from the present facilities.
4. Limitation on Liability In consideration of the services of TG Taekwondo, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf, TG Taekwondo shall not be responsible for damaged, lost or stolen articles, inside or outside the facility. The members and the undersigned understand that strict observation of the rules and regulations relative to training, including the use of protective equipment required by TG Taekwondo will reduce the possibility of accident or injury. However, the undersigned and the members acknowledge that no amount of care and oversight can completely eliminate the risks inherent in the activity. Accordingly, the members waive any claim of damages against TG Taekwondo from any injury resulting from the activity. The members acknowledge that participation in the martial arts entails known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to themselves, to property, or to third parties. The members understand that such risks cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. The risks include, among other things: intense, stressful, and strenuous exercises with body contact. The members expressly accept these known and unknown dangers and further agree, understand and recognize that these risks may result in serious injury or illness including but not limited to: bruises, bloody noses; broken bones; sprains; dislocations; heart attacks, or other cardiovascular diseases; or other serious injury resulting in death and/or property damage. Furthermore, TG Taekwondo employees have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be ignorant of a participant's fitness or abilities. They may give inadequate warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction. The members expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks of this activity. The Enrollee's participation in this activity is purely voluntary and elects to participate in spite of the risks. The members hereby agree to release and discharge TG Taekwondo, on behalf of themselves, their children, their heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and estate agrees to indemnify and hold harmless TG Taekwondo from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected in the Enrollee's participation in this activity or use of TG Taekwondo equipment or facilities, including any such claims, demands or causes of action which allege negligent acts or omission of TG Taekwondo By signing this document, the undersigned and the members acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during participation in this activity, they may be found by a court of law to have waived their right to maintain a lawsuit against TG Taekwondo. The undersigned and the members have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. The members have read and understood it, and the undersigned and the members agree to be bound by its terms. Should TG Taekwondo or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, the members agree, indemnify, and to hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. Publicity The members irrevocably authorize the TG Taekwondo, its successors and assigns, and those acting under its authority, to copy, use, publish, for art, advertising, trade, or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, photographic portraits, pictures or videotapes, in which a member may be included in whole or in part.
6. Insurance The undersigned and the members acknowledge that they have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage. The members may cause or suffer while participating, and agree to bear fully the costs of such injury or damage. The undersigned certifies that the members have no medical or physical conditions which could interfere with their safety in this activity.
7. Jurisdiction In the event that the undersigned or a member files a lawsuit against TG Taekwondo, she/he agrees to do so in the State of California and further agrees that the substantive law of California shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules for that state.
PARENT'S OR GUARDIAN'S ADDITIONAL INDEMNIFICATION (Must be completed for participants under the age of 18, “Minor”)
In consideration of minor (the name under printed) being permitted by TG Taekwondo to participate in its activities and to use its equipment and facilities, I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless TG Taekwondo from any and all claims which are brought by, or on behalf of the minor, and which are in any way connected with such use or participation by the minor.
If any portion of this agreement is deemed illegal, void or unenforceable, then the remaining agreement shall remain in effect.
Recognition of Inherent Risks
I hereby understand and acknowledge that the equipment, facilities, training, programs, and/or events held by TG Taekwondo may expose me to many inherent risks, including accidents, injury, illness, permanent disability or even death. I assume all risk of injuries associated with participation including, but not limited to, falls, infections, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat and/or humidity, weight lifting, use of equipment, participating in TG Taekwondo activities, and all other such risks being known and appreciated by me.
Responsibility to Communicate Physical Or Mental Restrictions In Writing
I hereby acknowledge my responsibility in communicating, in writing, any physical and psychological concerns, that might conflict with participation in activity, and presenting those concerns to the TG Taekwondo owner prior to participating. I acknowledge that I am physically fit and mentally capable of performing the physical activity I choose to participate in.
Waiver of Liability
By signing this Liability Waiver, I fully recognize and acknowledge that Taekwondo is a contact
sport and may result in physical injury to myself and/or others. Having a full understanding of these
risks, I wish to participate in the classes. I assume full and complete responsibility for any and all
damages or injuries that I may sustain or incur, if any, while participating in any Taekwondo activities. I do hereby release and further discharge TG Taekwondo’s owners, operators, any assistant instructors, or employees, for any personal injury that I may sustain while attending any class or activity. I also realize and acknowledge that I am solely responsible for any medical attention
or treatment that I may need as a result of my participation
Indemnification, Hold Harmless and Release
By the execution of this agreement, I agree, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, to fully and forever INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, DISCHARGE, WAIVE AND RELEASE the TG Taekwondo, its officers, agents, employees, organizers, insurers, directors, associates, representatives, and successors from any responsibility for damages (both economic and non-economic), liabilities, demands, rights of action, causes of action, losses of any type, or claims of any kind, present or future, whether the same be known or unknown, anticipated, or unanticipated, resulting from arising out of the use of or my participation in the TG Taekwondo training, programs, events, equipment or facilities.
Compliance With Rules
I agree to comply with all rules imposed by the TG Taekwondo regarding the use of the facilities and equipment. I agree to conduct myself in a controlled and reasonable manner at all times, and to refrain from using any equipment, training, or property in a manner inconsistent with its intended design and purpose.
FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS: By signing this Liability Waiver, I fully recognize and
acknowledge that Taekwondo is a contact sport and may result in physical injury to my child/ward.
Having a full understanding of these risks, I permit my child/ward to participate in the classes. I assume full and complete responsibility for any and all damages or injuries that he or she may sustain or incur, if any. I do hereby release and further discharge TG Taekwondo’s owners,
operators, any assistant instructors or employees, for any personal injury that my child/ward may
sustain while attending any class or activity. I also realize and acknowledge that I am solely
responsible for any medical attention or treatment that my child/ward may need because of his/her participation.
Message and data rates may apply. You may revoke your consent at any time by responding STOP to any SMS text alerts you receive.